The University of Ottawa announced today that its sports facility at 801 King Edward Avenue has been named the Minto Sports Complex in recognition of The Minto Group’s major contribution to the development of the uOttawa campus. That contribution, valued at $2.5 million, enabled the acquisition of the land where the Desmarais Building now stands.
Minto’s support and collaboration have allowed the University of Ottawa to expand strategically its footprint in downtown Ottawa, to establish itself as one of the nation’s capital’s public landmarks and, as a result, to further confirm its position as Canada’s university.
Minto is a leading builder and developer in both Canada and the United States dedicated to delivering superior customer experiences and inspiring places for their many stakeholders to live and work. The company was founded in Ottawa in 1955 and has not only established itself as a leader in design, sustainability and construction excellence, but also as a philanthropic mainstay in the community. Minto’s generous support of the University is aligned with two of their strategic community investment priorities that they consider the foundation of a healthy, active community: education and sports programs.